Medicine Lodge Memorial Hospital Diagnostic Imaging Department provides numerous medical imaging services to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of illnesses and injuries.
What is Diagnostic Imaging?
Diagnostic imaging describes various techniques of viewing inside the body to help discover the cause of an illness or injury, or to assist in confirming a diagnosis. Medical diagnostic imaging allows physicians to view inside of your body to help them find any indications of a health condition. Your medical provider will determine which type of imaging tests they might need to use based on symptoms and the area of interest.
Types of Medical Diagnostic Imaging provided at Medicine Lodge Memorial Hospital:
- General X-ray services with our new digital equipment – X-ray is a quick and painless test using radiation to produce images of the structures inside your body.
- Portable X-ray services with our new digital portable machine
- CT Scans with our new 64 slice Siemens scanner – CT uses a combination of x-rays and a computer to create pictures of your organs, bones and other tissues in your body. It uses a narrow x-ray beam that rotates around your body to produce a series of images from many different angles.
- MRI Scans are available one day a week – MRI does not use radiation, but rather a powerful magnet to obtain images of the body part of interest.
- Ultrasound exams – also referred to as sonography, ultrasound uses high-frequency waves instead of radiation.
Our full time staff consists of:
Carrie Forsyth BSRT (R) (ARRT) (RDMS) (RVT) Director of Radiology
Isabella Lira BSRT (R) (ARRT)
Our department is open Monday through Thursday 8:00am to 5:00pm and Friday 8:00am to 12:00pm. Please feel free to contact us at 620-930-3793 if you have any questions or would like to schedule an exam ordered by your provider.